One is the loneliest number
So I pick my son up from school yesterday and ask him how his day was. When I ask my children this question, sometimes I get the usual "good" and sometimes they elaborate a little.
My son excitedly says to me, "Mom, I was the ONLY kid who didn't talk while in line today." I responded with an equally excited "Wow! That's great!" He goes on to say that everyone who was talking didn't get recess and had to sit on the bench and not talk.
A moment passes and I asked, "So... you got to have recess while all the other kids sat on the bench? Cool!"
"Yeah. It wasn't very much fun. I had to play by myself because everyone else was in trouble. So they just sat on the bench and stared at me."
"What did you do?"
"I just stood there and stared back at them."
*pause*
"Sometimes being good doesn't mean much."
"No, I guess sometimes it doesn't", I said as I laughed at the thought of my son having a silent stare down in the playground as his reward for behaving. Good times.
Then I got a wild hair up my butt to let him drive with me once we pulled into our community. He squeezed into the front seat and sat in between my legs and situated himself. There was literally not a soul around, which was perfect.
I kid you not, as soon as he was comfortable and had his hands on the steering wheel and as I shifted from park into drive, it was as if the alien mothership dropped down from the sky right in front of us, because within 2 seconds, there was a little boy walking out of his house and down the driveway, two little girls rode by on their scooters, a woman came around the corner jogging, another young boy was walking his dog and a teenage girl was chatting on her cell phone walking along the side of the road. It really was the weirdest thing!
"Jeez.. what the?" we both said simultaneously as we laughed out loud.
Maybe you had to be there. But it was just one of those quirky moments that I love sharing with my son and since I have not blogged in a bit, I thought I'd share.
Coming soon.... the shock rocker known as Marilyn Manson towers over the crowd of excited fans, except for this one awkward, tall girl wearing a gold dress who later curses like a trucker and leaves her husband outside while she allows Manson to touch her backside; may I introduce to you Lady Luna Honeybee; exactly how do 13 women with get along for 48 hours while sharing the same space and what happens when they venture out in public; gross things like buttworms, the poop stick, and dipping raw chicken in the flour pot.
Stay tuned :-)

2 comments:
you my friend, make me smile everytime. I meees you and lub you girlie!
How sad that was.
Is there a possible connection between those pictures you chose to post and the colors bright yellow and sunshine yellow?
Perhaps the song Stop the Sun prompted you to think about such things. Music is such a mystery maker in the minds of us all.
Post a Comment