I Wish you Could See the Look on my Face Right Now
I'm embarassed to even be posting about this for a couple of different reasons... first and foremost being that I'm horrified at the fact that I'm even paying the slightest bit of attention to this show that is quietly playing in the background and second, this show just solidifies the fact that we have a major eating problem in this country. As if I had any doubt.
But why does a mother need to go on the Maury Povich show seeking help for getting their overweight child on a diet?? It just adds to the grossness.
Yet, here I sit.
Watching them all.
Adding to the grossness.
One mom said that when her now 85-lb four year old was 2 months old, he was eating solid baby cereal because formula just wasn't cutting it and he was crying out of hunger and wouldn't stop.
Hello.
Hello?
At four months, when baby cereal now wasn't enough, I'm assuming she switched to pizza.
If a 2-month old is crying from [what they believe to be] hunger pains, you don't cram solid food down their throats. You find other means to calm them. Drive around the block with them. Put their bouncy seat on the washing machine to let the vibrations calm them. Let them cry a little bit in safe surroundings. My daughter cried the entire first year of her life and I didn't cram food down her throat to quiet her. I left her with g'ma and went to the Bahamas. Hehe. True story.
Anyways.....
The parents 'conditioning' their kids to eat crap they shouldn't be eating from the beginning.... this is exactly what paves the way to obesity in children which starts them down the path to being obese as an adult thus having to deal with a life full of ridicule and torment and health issues without even standing a chance from the get go. Thanks mom and dad!!
The kids have no say or control in it... they're completely helpless. The parents are the ones in control... and they don't know what to do with their control. These parents are admitting that they are over feeding their children. They're "feeding the beast", so to speak and are really at a loss as to what to do about it. Step one, naturally... go on Maury.
Some of these parents seem to genuinely want help. Others have no idea the harm they are causing and are in complete denial. If bitch slapping the TV would help... I'd bitch slap it until my hand turned into a bloody pulp. But, since that would be just as stupid as going on national TV to talk about how my 80-pound toddler eats fast food each morning, afternoon, and night and how baffling it is that people stare at him... I'm just sitting here being utterly repulsed, yet oddly sucked in with each passing moment of the show.
A 102-pound four year old is on now. Gah. I can't watch anymore. I have my limits and my "people are so stupid" meter is at full capacity right now.

2 comments:
Have to be honest, when I see things like this makes me worried about having kids of my own. But I can tell you this - I will NOT go on Maury to announce I'm a bad parent. I might choose Jerry instead:)
Dude, you're so right. Parents need to wise up. First step would be to gain control of your control prior to poppin'em out.
Post a Comment