Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Randomness on Hump Day



Here are some random observations and thoughts from my day today:

I like to buy baby carrots. But the small bag isn't one of those resealable bags. Only the ginormo bag o' carrots is resealable. And even though it takes us a while to go through the 8374920387942 of baby carrots that are in the big bag, I can't stand the fact that the other, more reasonably sized bag, doesn't close without my having to loop a rubber band or twisty tie around it 19 times. Yes I could open the small bag, empty the carrots into a quart sized ziplock bag, I suppose. But I don't want to . So there.



And wafer cookies. Same thing. We LOVE the sugar free ones. Yeah. Odd, I know. The fact that I like ANYTHING sugar free, but these are awesome to my picky tastebud palet. They come in a plastic-y wrap of sorts that tears when you open it... and there is absolutely no room at the top to fold over and secure with anything thus causing me to eat AT LEAST the first row of wafers in order to make some room to seal them back up. And quite often, I tear the top pretty good so in actuality, TWO rows must be eaten. And much like the carrots, I COULD put the wafers into a ziplock plastic bag, but I'd rather complain. And eat rows of wafers. But SUGAR FREE wafers.


That is all.



Oh... and....

Dear Nabisco,

Please continue to package your Oreo cookies in a NON-sealable package. This prevents me from buying Oreos because if they were resealable, they would be in my food pantry. That is a very bad thing. For me. And my thighs. And my ass. But not my ankles because I NEVER get fat in my ankles. Since your Oreo cookie packaging is NOT resealable, should I bring a package home with me, I would be forced to tear open the ends and pretty much eat all the cookies in one (maybe, possibly stretching it out to two but not likely) sittings to prevent any of the precious, precious Oreos from going stale.

I appreciate your time and you can continue to change the Oreo all you want (nothing beats the original, fyi) but NEVER EVER EVER put the cookies into a convienient, resealable bag.

Thank you,
Asherbelle

1 comment:

Nerdy said...

I always use one of those small clip thingies to close the baby carrots. They are like tiny ones but they work the bestest.

i needed something to fill this empty space so here you go:

i wish i could live in a kick ass tree house like the swiss family robinson ~ when i was a little girl, i used to whip the shit out of my rag doll, lucy, with a belt ~ lucy was very bad ~ i love rainy days ~ i wear flip flops all the time ~ i still have to hold my nose with my fingers when i go under the water ~ i cannot do a cartwheel ~ i think angelina jolie is fuckin' smokin' hot ~ i get bored easily ~ i don't mind doing laundry~ i am a night owl ~ i bite my nails sometimes