Thursday, January 25, 2007

duck, duck bo buck banana fanna fo....


Here's the scenerio:

A bunch of us are driving out to the island to go boating. Good spirits... beer & wine chilling in the cooler....beautiful day... the sun is shining and this is my most favoritist thing I love about living in a state which does not experience a change of seasons. Quite possibly, the only thing, really.

The road we're traveling down is a small one and there are trees and wildlife all around. Up ahead, we see a small group of wild ducks along the side of the road. As we get a little closer, we see there are four of them. They're just standing there. On the side of the road. Not moving. Just hanging out. Waiting, I am assuming to cross the road.

Our car is approaching where the ducks are standing.

"What is that in the middle of the road?"
I ask JJ, who is driving.


"Hmmm. Looks like one of the ducks got hit sometime earlier today",
he says.


"Awwwww. That's horrible."


We pass the middle of the road mass and the small herd of ducks standing along the sidelines.


A moment goes by and I say, "I wonder why those other ducks are just standing there along the side of the road."

"They're waiting"
JJ says.

"For...??"
I ask curiously.

"Ducks, by nature, wait for each other to cross the road."


::stares straight ahead in horror silently::

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh.... my....god. I would die.

Jenny said...

What? They do? Seriously?

OMG.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I definitely would have teared up. So sad...

i needed something to fill this empty space so here you go:

i wish i could live in a kick ass tree house like the swiss family robinson ~ when i was a little girl, i used to whip the shit out of my rag doll, lucy, with a belt ~ lucy was very bad ~ i love rainy days ~ i wear flip flops all the time ~ i still have to hold my nose with my fingers when i go under the water ~ i cannot do a cartwheel ~ i think angelina jolie is fuckin' smokin' hot ~ i get bored easily ~ i don't mind doing laundry~ i am a night owl ~ i bite my nails sometimes